I am doing fine. My job is changing and it has been an interesting experience. I was also just recently called as the ward executive secretary. I have enjoyed it a lot so far. The one problem I have is that I am not very organized and I am a horrible secretary because of the general lack of attention to detail. The Bishopric does all scheduling, calendars, communication online so I convinced Chelsea to let me buy an iPod Touch to help me out. It has been a life-saver and has really helped me stay on top of appointments and whatnot. I thought about lugging around my laptop everywhere but it decided it wanted to be on permanent disability. The one downside of my calling is that if I screw up, practically the whole ward knows about it... which can be awkward.
Chelsea is in a constant battle with two little boys. She does a great job at juggling the many many balls at home. 90% of the time that I come home from work the house is clean, the dishes done and all I have to do is play with the kids. She is really awesome. We have been pretty sick lately with bronchitis, and Chelsea mastitis, but we are luckily still very resilient. My one complaint about Chelsea is her love of the insipid Justin Bieber. No offense honey, I just can't stand that kid. But, I am sure there is a myriad of things that Chelsea finds offensive about me so I shouldn't complain.
Jonas is awesome. He is so smart that we can no longer use guile, but have to resort to logic and if/then rational. The one downside of getting the iTouch is that Jonas wants to play games on it 24/7, which is okay sometimes, but most of the time is it bogus. He is busy learning his articles of faith and already has the third one memorized, with virtually no help from us. He just picked it up in primary. This astonishes me because there are kids in his class that can't even talk. Also, he is super sweet and sharing. He just loves associating with others and sharing all he can. Lately he has been going #2 in the toilet, which is a huge step forward. We had previously bribed him with nothing short of the world, but what has actually worked is telling him that if he goes 5 times in a row we can go to Idaho to visit Uncle Matt and Aunts Paige and Abby. This, apparently, is worth facing his biggest fears.
Speaking of Matt/Paige and Abby, They, along with Griffin, spent the weekend at our house. It was super fun. We spent a lot of time just chatting about family, work, stranger danger, etc. I am sure that they want to tell you the full story, but they arrived at our house with a rotting dear carcass in the their trunk. Okay, so it wasn't the whole deer, but it was the neck up and it wreaked like death. Matt pulled it off a deer that was dead on the side of the road and the state of the antlers indicates that it had been there since September, preserved under the ice. Yuck. I am sure that the final product will be cool though.
Cooper is growing like a weed. Chelsea and I feel that we failed Jonas when it came to offering him a variety of foods, so we have taken a different tactic with Cooper. We give him almost anything to eat. The crazy thing is that he loves it... or at least is either too hungry or dumb to stop shoving it in his mouth. His latest few meals have included barbeque chicken, which he can't eat fast enough. Hopefully this translates into him wanting to eat more than PB&J and nutella. He is also on the verge of crawling. He can scoot, but hasn't quite got the crawl down.
Well, I had probably wrap this up. I am not the kind of person to go all Peter Priesthood on you, but I found this video that really gets me thinking about God. It is best to watch full screen in HD. We love you all. See you later.
The White Mountain from charles on Vimeo.
5 comments:
Justin Bieber for life!
Hooray for Jonas going poops in the toilet!!! Yay!! You are awesome.
I'm pretty sure Jonas is smarter than most of the 10 yr. olds who come into the library. And I, too hope that Cooper will eat more than Jonas.
Hey, post some pictures of your new house. It would be fun to see the size of the garden spot, etc. Also, we want to see pictures of those darling kids! Who is Justin Bieber?
Post a Comment