Heyo, everybody! We've made all the fans of us wait far too long to get an update on our goings on. I shall start with the youngest and move my way up.
Our darling little Cooper--Coop will be five months this week. He is growing like crazy and continually amazes us with his absolute adorableness. He is SOOO dang smiley! Cooper turned over for the first time this past week and he just got his first tooth (one of his bottom middle ones). He loves to smile and laugh and is crazy about sucking on his big toe. It is so cute, but it makes changing his diaper surprisingly difficult. His hair is finally starting to grow out some, and he has one really, really long one in the back that I'm sure he takes particular pride in (I know we do). We're getting ready to start him on a little cereal--yeeha!
Our smarty little Jonas--Jonas turned 3 on October 13th and he can be the sweetest little charmer and oh so smart. He still LOVES letters, and he is really getting into spelling and reading a few words. We practice in the car and whenever Shay and I can stand it. He also loves cars and is starting to get a little collection of them. Playing with cars is one of his favorite things to do. He also is starting to tell stories with actions. It's so stinking cute. He tells one about a pumpkin that he heard from his Aunt Mer Mer, and every time he says "pumpkin" I think I'll die from cuteness overload. He's also been going potty in the toilet. We had a rough patch (understatement of the freaking century) with going poop in the toilet, but tonight he successfully did it and was so excited! Hopefully this is a turning point...it better be, or Shay and I might have nervous breakdowns.
Me (Chelsea, your favorite relative AND your friend!)--I just turned...24...okay, fine, 25...sigh. 26. I still like birthdays, don't get me wrong, but 26 seems more intimidating than past ones. Anywho, I had a lovely day--Shay got me an awesome present that coincidentally totally didn't work out (tickets to Dashboard Confessional, whom I LOVE, but then they cancelled their whole tour, the pansies). We went to dinner and then took the boys Trick-or-treating, which was so fun. I love Halloween! Jonas was a ghost and Coop was a little devil. I got called to be the 7-8 year old Primary teacher. It's...fine.
Shay--Shay just got a new job, still working at the library, but in a different area and doing something totally different...he thinks. :) He hasn't been given a ton of information, yet, but is very excited about what he's heard. He is rather sad to leave his current area, and his boss, Joanne, is way bummed. She thinks Shay is the bee's knees, which he is. Shay's also working hard on our house with my dad. They are building maniacs and it looks sweet! He still is doing his degree, which he completely dislikes, but he's hanging in there, so props for that. Shay got called to be the Assistant Webelo's Den Leader. It's good, but they only have one boy, so far.
We're liking our house and our ward. We spoke in church a couple of weeks ago and were a runaway sensation! Shay could have filled 3 sacrament meetings! People were whooping it up, cheering and clapping and throwing flowers and little stuffed animals. It was awesome. We are also enjoying (a little too much) living across the street from the Hostess store. Donuts everyday isn't a bad thing, right? Right! Anywho, here's some pictures for y'alls enjoyment.



8 comments:
Yay you!!! Those pictures are great. The toe-sucking one turned out so cute!
Also, you are hilarious. Never change.
So glad we could see darling Cooper again...he looks so different from 2 months old!! We surely miss you guys!
You guys are so stinkin' cute! I just love your family!
hahahaha! that last picture is the BEST!
Ahh I love those little boys!!!! Glad for the update!!! Can't wait to see you guys!!
That was so cute it made me hurt. You know what I mean. The house is looking awesome. I'm very excited to see it.
OHMIGOSH... it is just about freakin' time you posted some pics... We are missing you & can't wait to see the addition onto the mansion... Those little guys are pretty cute... however... there are a few Mahaffey kidlets that MAY be just a tad cuter... hmmmm
anyway.. fun to see you guys! loved the toe-sucking pic the best!
love ya ... Auntie D-Lo
(it's my new Calif. movie-star name - not to be confused with J-Lo
who stole my name)
You know, 26 is closer to thirty then it is to 20. Just saying.
Post a Comment