Thursday, July 10, 2008

The woes of technology

Well, we have to appologize because we have had some problems posting lately. Grif's computer has conked out on him and we have let him borrow ours for awhile. His computer is on its way to being fixed and after it is we will have some wonderful video and pictures for the viewing delight of all of our hardcore fans out there. Meanwhile we are just about in the same situation that we were in the last post. Things are going just fine. We are looking for places to live and that is a very unpleasant thing to do... especially if we want to find something close enough to campus so that I can walk to work. If we want to live in a dark and dank basement then we have the pick of the litter. There was even one basement that was like 1300 square feet... but it had 5'8" ceilings in some places. Just dig the stupid hole deeper... there was some major planning issues with a lot of these homes. Course they are very old and people were just shorter back then. That must have been downright spacious back in the day.

Chelsea has been busy trying to keep some tabs on our recently insane child. We have always thought that he was very mature for his age but we have gotten a taste of the terrible two's and it has really brought into understanding what Robert Louis Stevensen was trying to portray in that Jekyll and Hyde book. On the fourth of July we decided that we wanted to go to the balloon fest in Provo, so we woke up at the necessary time to get there to see them blowing up all the hot air balloons. FIRST MISTAKE! Note to self... never wake up a sleeping babe early for they will punish you unrelentingly for the next several days. It was a fun experience to see the balloons but then we went straight to the Provo parade and Jonas was exhausted about halfway through. We then started home and he got a little sleep on the way but then did not take his usual nap at home. He then became the creature from the black lagoon and didn't sleep well at all through the night. In fact, yesterday was the first day since the night of the fourth that he has slept well. Whew, lets hope it sticks.

And do you know, the biggest beef that I have with all of this is that Jonas is as cute as ever. All of the insanity that he brings on with one of his fits is washed away when he looks at you straight in the eye and says "kiss" or "hug" and motions for the action. Or even when he points his chubby little finger at you and says "no crying"... it is just to die for. So anyway, we have since tried to keep him in the Dr. Jekyll mood and he is just a peach. Chelsea just seems to have an infinite amount of patience for him... which she will deny. She is just so good with him and he is the genius that he is today because of her diligence... not to mention her genes. In fact, yesterday I was talking to him and he just started rattling off the alphabet. Of course it is not perfect but he was like... a - b - c - d - e - f -k - m -g... and then he stopped. I said a few more letters and he picked it up right where I left off... q - r - s - g - f - ... he is just a genius. Anyway, enough of this rambling. We will try to post some other goods real soon, we just have such long breaks so that everyone really appreciates every post we do.

6 comments:

Camron Amy Brycson said...

It's good to see that we are not the only family with a Dr.Jekyl/Mr. Hyde boy! I ejoyed the comment about not waking a sleeping babe...quite comical! I can't believe he can do his ABC's what a little smarty pants! Good work Mom and Dad!

Matt and Paige Cahoon said...

I love reading your blog even without pictures!! I don't how I feel about you guys just eating our cereal....kidding, that is fine!! We were the doinks who forgot it!! Anyways, you sound good, I wish we saw you more often!!! We still have to plan a camping trip! School is over in 2 weeks, I think, so we'll be open!! We love you guys!

Anonymous said...

I agree with you guys. I think Jonas is extremely smart and advanced. He often wows me with what he says. However I saw him on the 4th and he was as cute as ever so I can't agree with you on that part.

PS. You guys have more problems with electronics than any one I know. Or maybe you just blame all your problems on electronics so it looks like you have more problems than most. JK Love Ya

Tiffany said...

First off, darn that Leatherby's. I don't think I'll ever forgive them for the stressed they've caused me (and possibly, most likely, you guys too) by shutting down.

Second off, Jonas is a doll. I've only ever seen him happy as can be. I have no idea what you're talking about. Plus, he knows his colors!

Lauren said...

I still think you guys should live in the trailor park with us :).

Cassidy said...

uh, hello, technology woes is a poor excuse for laziness...kidding but honestly guys, we are dying here in lonely Texas wondering what our cousin Jonas looks like these days. And it would be fun to see how you two have changed too. I'm not buying the technology crap any longer! WE NEED AN UPDATE!!!