Thursday, May 28, 2009

Why do I feel guilty about this? WHY?!!

So I saw an ad posted on craigslist (I am a craigslist junky, for real, it might not be healthy) under the wanted section.  It was a girl looking to borrow a veil from someone for her bridal shoot.  I thought, I have a veil.  So I extended the offer to her and she accepted.  Now, I realize I will not ever get the chance to wear my veil again.  However, I heart it so very much.  In fact, that's kind of why I liked the idea of letting someone borrow it, so that it could shine once more.  Anywho, she seemed normal/trust worthy, so I tell her where we live and she picks it up with the promise that she'll return it within the next 2 days.  Her shoot was on Saturday and I get an email from her on Sunday asking if she could bring it back that night.  I'm relieved and feeling very good about my kind deed and reply to tell her when we'll be home.  So...she never shows.  I wait for 3 days to hear from her, but don't!  So I send a really friendly albeit sort of misleading email saying that we're going to be out of town at the beginning of June and I wanted to be sure we didn't miss her.  Still nothing!  By this time I'm beginning to think I was a fool and will never see my pretty, pretty veil ever again.  I wait 8 days, today being the 8th day, and email again, but not quite so cheery.  Like, I didn't include one happy exclamation point in the entire message!  Gasp!  In fact, I will include the actual email, as it was sent to her.  Hi Chelsea. (Her name is also Chelsea) I am hoping you can bring my veil back tomorrow (Friday).  You can bring it between 7 PM and midnight.  If those times don't work for you, give me a call so we can figure out what will.  Thanks.  801-494-9248
So then I get an email back, about 2 minutes later saying that she's really sorry, she got really sick, she hasn't absconded with my veil, and she'll bring it back tomorrow.  Okay, you're sick.  But you can't get on your laptop and type a 2 sentence email telling me that or pick up the phone and give me a call?  You let me wait for 2 weeks thinking that you are a stealer head?!  These are the thoughts I had, but all these very reasonable thoughts were overwhelmed by this next thought--I feel guilty that my email wasn't gushing niceness!  And I feel somewhat embarassed that it was no nonsense sounding!  How lame am I? Or are there others of you out there that would have the same feelings?  Is it a girl thing?  Or am I not wrong to feel bad?!  Maybe you all think that the email I sent really was rude!  Oh no!  You best leave a comment and hopefully put my mind at ease about my niceness.

4 comments:

Meredith said...

Are you sure you weren't writing that email to yourself? Just kidding, I totally understand. What I don't understand is people who will not get in touch with you. Honestly, they're not doing it because they're sick! They don't want to get in touch with you! If they did, even being sick wouldn't stop them from writing a little email. I'd say you're totally justified.

Cassidy said...

you were totally nice...I wouldn't worry or feel guilty. And I wouldn't read into what she says or does like we girls always do because most of the time we are wrong, especially if you don't know the girl. She's probably just a flake and did get sick and needs some reminding! I think you are the nicest girl in the world and wouldn't hurt a fly!

Mom at Our House said...

Don't feel bad. You weren't rude at all. (think how I would have responded). Also you don't have it back yet, and she flaked last time, you might be writing another email tomorrow

Alicia said...

You're totally in the right. Don't feel guilty at all. I hope you get your veil back soon!

By the way, I need to know about this other baby that's on the way. Belly shots? Names picked out? Due date? I need details! :) (Y'know, when you have a minute.)