Thursday, May 28, 2009

New House, New Headaches...Good times


So we're putting an offer on another house...The house shown above, to be exact.  
But guess what?!!  It's another Short Sale!  Yes!  Lest you think we are crazy, short sales are basically the only options we have available to us.  We aren't masochists.  Seriously.  I hate this pain.  I have really tried to think all positive like, things such as, "Aren't we lucky to be practicing patience?" and "Some people don't even have legs...but we do!"  Yeah, these thoughts don't help because I'm mostly overwhelmed with irritation and/or pity for us.  But seriously, we are fine.  Like, I have enough pity for all of us, so y'all needn't feel bad on our behalf.  However, if you could pray for us to find something some day, and in the meantime, for me NOT to lose my giblets, and by giblets I mean mind, that would be absolutely acceptable and appreciated.  Thanks, friends.

*A little about the home.  It has 4 bedrooms, 2 baths.  It is all on one floor, which is super nice.   It was built in 1890, and it has some of the cool features of an older home, such as a lot of built in shelves and cupboards.  I dig that kind of thing.  The kitchen cabinets are also pretty unique.  It has one big bedroom, which could totally be a master, which is very unusual for the homes we've looked at--all the bedrooms are the same--small.  There is also a mud room (or that's what we think it is, anyhow).  The yard is not nearly as big as the other 2 homes we've tried for, and it's not fenced in the front, but it does have a lot of...vegetation? in the back.  Like, lots of ground cover and shrubbery and trees.  Granted, some of the trees are absolutely hideous, but even if you got rid of them, you'd still have some good trees left. Although we don't love that it's not in a neighborhood type neighborhood (in fact, we think it's in the same ward boundaries as we are in right now), it would be very nice to still be within walking distance of the grocery store, bank, restaurants, the library, and campus.  So.  We shall see what we shall see.  And we shall see it probably next year sometime, so find a comfortable chair and I  hope your food storage is in good order, because we are in this for the long haul baby!!!!   Sigh.

2 comments:

Meredith said...

You ARE lucky to have legs! Way to think positive! Also, I can't believe ou didn't mention my favorite feature of the house. Or perhaps it will get it's own post? Good luck! I'll check back with you in a year or so to see if you got it!

Mom at Our House said...

good luck!