Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Jonas and his Hitler stash

So, I was at work and some guy walked by with the most outrageous mustache you have ever seen.  I said to my employee, "Employee, I wish that I could grow such a nice stash, but alas, I cannot."  The next day she gave me a nifty fake mustache (which I would wear in my office).  Anyway, we decided to put that mustache on Jonas and see how he looked... These are the wonderful results.
In further news, Jonas is just so good at the alphabet I think it is going to his head.  He is  constantly quizzing us on how to say our As and Bs and Gs.  He is a passionate teacher, often correcting with a terse "no daddy, G says guh" .  Thanks son, I think I know, sheesh.  He also is just the most tender little boy around, which has its ups and downs... mostly ups.  Everytime I got get him from a nap he says in the most perky way, "Hello daddy" Then gives me a huge hug and kiss... without fail.  But then he cries when little girls push him.  We get him to stop crying by telling him its okay, then he asks for a cookie.  He usually gets it, he knows how to work us over.
  
All in all we are doing great.  We haven't heard anything back about the house, but feel that we have the highest bid.  Buying a home is not all licorice and lollipops... it can be a nightmare.  I just hope it turns out to be a good thing, no matter how it ends.  Well, that's about it.  Thanks for caring enough to read this excellent post.

10 comments:

Meredith said...

That's the best mustache I've ever seen. I think what really sells it is Jonas's facial expression. So stern. It really gives him an air of authority.

Jessica said...

Those are the cutest pictures! Haha! You'll have to let me know how buying a short sale goes cuz we may be doing the same thing...who knows?

Cassidy said...

Jonas 2019

Mom at Our House said...

Love that stach! You should have posted pics of you wearing it also. In fact Chels would look great in it also.

Matt and Paige Cahoon said...

What a freakin' cute little boy! We miss you tremendously and may have to take a little vacation to see you!!!

Cothran Family said...

Thtat is hillarious! I love that kiddo! Good luck with your house. We will cross our fingers for you. How goes the baby bump?

Ken said...

Employee, I wish that I could grow such a nice stash, but alas, I cannot." The next day she??

The employee with a nifty mustache is a girl? Wow, its a good thing she is not self concious about her stash.

Ken said...

Employee, I wish that I could grow such a nice stash, but alas, I cannot." The next day she??

The employee with a nifty mustache is a girl? Wow, its a good thing she is not self concious about her stash.

Shay, Chelsea and Jonas Allen said...

No, no, no Richard. It was a MAN that walked past with an awesome mustache, and Shay expressed his jealousy about it to a female employee. The girl employee wasn't the one who had the killer stash, alas. But apparently she does wear fake mustaches on a regular basis--the one she gave Shay was just one of many she owns.

samsam said...

ah...the old hitler moustache on a baby....i know it well.