Sunday, December 7, 2008

From the mouth of babes (and no, I'm not talking about myself! Ka-ching!)

I know, there are no pictures, no videos, nothing, really, to entice you to check out this blog. Nothing except...Awesome Jonas sayings!  Huzzah!  Oh, he really is quite the little man.  I begin with an experience we had the other day.  Griffin, the fatty, had broken our rocking chair.  Shay had it tipped on its side so he could fix 'er up.  Jonas went over and crouched down next to the chair and said (direct quote), "What happened, chair?  You fall down, chair?"  Hahaha, oh, we laughed so heartily at his sweetie pie question.  Also, whenever we come home, Jonas says (super enthusiastically), "Hi, home!"  This he got from his Grandma Veatch,  but he certainly has made it his own.  He also says, "Thanks, door" whenever we go through one of those automatic opening doors.  SOOOO polite, I'm not even lying.  This next one was from a couple of months ago, but I don't think I ever wrote about it.  I don't know how many of you have seen the Potter Puppet Pals, but there's this one called "The Mysterious Ticking Noise."  Anyway, they sing this song, which Jonas knows.  And really, to get the full effect, you should go on to youtube and watch the video.  But there's this part that goes, "Snape, Snape, Severus Snape..." and we were sitting there eating grapes one morning and Jonas picks one up, looks at it all intently and sings, "Grape, grape, Severus grape...."  So. Funny.  Two more, people, stick with me.  When Jonas says the prayer, he ALWAYS says thank you for a few things...Nursery, toys, and treats.  And from there, it is just awesome to see what he comes up with.  A lot of his choices stem from whatever he can see.  So, like the other day, we had a pile of laundry sitting on the couch so he said, "Thank thee for laundry."  He is thankful for all sorts of things!  He has actually inspired me to try to really ponder the things I'm thankful for and not just say the same things everytime.  And lastly, we put up a couple of nativities the other day, one that he can touch, the other that he can't.  Well, he was looking at the baby Jesus on his nativity and I hear him say, "Baby Jesus, swaddling bands.  Oh, no baby bed."  Eek!  Heart meltage!  I think they must be learning that song in Nursery, because we've never sung it here.  I am GLAD they are learning it in nursery!  Well, anywho, that is all from us for now.  We have okay intentions when it comes to posting pictures and videos and the like, but unfortunately they have not been good enough.  Maybe if someone were to offer us a bribe....

6 comments:

Meredith said...

That may be the cutest thing I have ever heard. Severus Grape! I love it! I will bribe you with hugs and high fives to post more. Not enough? I will visit you in less than two weeks!

*Jord and Amy* said...

Chelsea Allen!! Oh how I miss you!! It's so fun to hear from your cute family again! You have got the cutest boy ever! Talk about make your heart melt!! Hope all is going well!!

Rhonda said...

He is a cutie. I love the things he said. Out of the mouth of babes.

R and A said...

I am so excited to see cute little Jonas, and cute little you. Oh and Shay too. HEE!

Mom at Our House said...

Oh man I miss that kid. I hope you realize how incrediably smart he is.

Now for the bribe... I will give you all my baby cloths if you post once a week for a year. ( you have to pick them up). Sorry I don't have cash to bribe with

Tiffany said...

He is quite an adorable kid. Remember when he wanted to call me on the phone, so he did, but then he didn't want to talk to me? That was precious!

Also, here is your bribe. I was told where that crib-y thing is that Becca offered you. So, I'll give it to you if you post more often.

P.S. My mom just told me it's a toddler bed... Crib-y thing. Toddler bed. Same thing.