Friday, September 19, 2008

Jonas "Pavarotti" Allen

So it has been awhile since we have posted, which is fine cause is just gives us so many things to talk about in this upcoming post.  The first one thing that we thought would be fun to mention is that we spent last weekend with the whole extended family celebrating Grandma Allen's 80th birthday.  Way to be Grandma.  It was a lot of fun and it was a nice chance for Jonas to finally get to spend some time with his aunts, uncles, grandparents and great grandparents.  
We are amazed at how fast the time flys by.  Jonas will be turning two in less than a month on the 13th of October.  He is just growing like crazy.  The thing that grows the most about him, however, is his curiosity, which tends to make everything a little more stressful for us.  He is so fun though and we are glad that he is just doing so well.
One crazy thing did happen as a direct result of the diligence of Chelsea and really is a testament of how great she is with Jonas.  We have been singing and reading to that kid so long and it seems that it is actually sinking in.  Earlier this week Chelsea was just hanging out with Jonas when all of the sudden he started singing.  This is what he sang.  Mind you this was the first time she had ever heard it and this is exactly how it sounded.
Well, we were as shocked as you are.  He is so smart and he just melts our hearts with that voice.  So anyway, on goes the day and he just keeps singing the ABC's over and over... much to the delight (but slowly becoming the chagrin) of Chelsea.  When all of the sudden he busts out with this number.

We had to bribe him with yogurt covered pretzels in order to get him to sing for the camera, but a little sugar was well worth the documented entertainment.  Speaking of which, Jonas will do just about anything for a treat... hmmm, note to self, "break him of that habit"... I can't imagine the trouble he could get into with that one.  Anyway, other than Jonas just being so smart we are all doing fine.  I am just working for the library still and am going to be starting a MLIS degree in January.  It is all online and I can work full-time and get the masters at the same time.  I am also partially sponsored by BYU so it is going to be quite a bit cheaper.  Chelsea has started to have a weekly girls night out with Tiff and Becca and others.  She really enjoys the time she gets to spend with her friends of the fairer sex.  I think that sometimes being cooped up all day with a bunch of boys can drive her a bit batty, so I try to compensate by taking her shopping and stuff, but Jonas and I can only take too much of that girliness.  We moved to our own place in Provo which is really good for us cause I can ride my bike to work and Chelsea can  have both the car and the cell phone in case of emergencies.  Other than that, all is pretty much the same... we are just as awesome as ever.  We love hearing from you so get in contact with us if you can.  See ya.

9 comments:

Cassidy said...

Our favorite part of it all is Jonas playing with his nipps...who is teaching him that?!?

He is so big and we just miss you all soooooo much!

Camron Amy Brycson said...

Shay and Chelsea, you have the cutest little guy ever...well, second cutest, (what kind of Mom would I be if I didn't say mine was THE cutest ever?!) Anyway, what a little smarty pants. I can't believe he can speak and now sing so well. It just blows me away! Great job Mom and Dad your teaching him well.

Meredith said...

Holy cow, I think my heart just melted and is now in a nasty puddle on my floor! I miss you guys so much! I'm not at all surprised that Jonas is the smartest boy ever. He has swell parents!

Jessica said...

How cute is that!? I noticed Cassidy's comment and started laughing cuz I noticed that right away too...haha! He's adorable!

Russ and Jill Allen said...

He is the greatest. It was fun to finally hear "I am a child of God". He is absolutely darling and smart. He must come from good genes! Give him a big hug and a kiss from Grandma and Grandpa Allen.

Anonymous said...

I really do think Jonas is smarter then kids his age. It really takes talent to memorize so much and he does it like a champ.

Tiffany said...

Holy freaking cuteness! And I love that you, Shay, pretend that Chelsea, Becca and I have friends besides each other, by saying "and others". Ha ha. We wish...

Katy said...

oh my gosh your child is such a stud! I can't believe he is almost 2--where did the time go?!?!?!

Anonymous said...

I keep waiting for pics of Jonas's bday. Hint hint!