Sunday, September 9, 2007

Let the blogging resume... Jonas's point of view










We, the Allen Family, just want to apologize to all of those 'shay, chelsea and jonas blog' fans out there for not bloggin for so long... we know that you number in the tens and we are sad that we have let you down. We are back, however, and we are ready to rock! Dad has been busy with school starting up. He spends most of his time either working or in class. This is his last semester so his drive to finish is strong, but his drive to finish well is waning. He is in two philosophy classes and they drive him nuts because they are so abstract and stupid. He is a good BS-er, so he should be able to snag a good grade in these classes though. He is also in a Gender of Psychology class that basically says that he is a sexist. They were discussing in class the concept of benevolent sexism which is basically saying that when guys do things that are protective or polite to women it is because they think that women can't do it themselves, i.e. opening a door for a woman is degrading to her and therefore sexist. It drives him nuts cause he wants to tell everyone how it is...but he refrains. Mom is busy at home. I don't know how she can stand me, I am so curious about everything and therfore must touch it or stick it in the mouth. I have this insatiable desire to stick my finger in the electrical socket or rip all the leaves off the plants. I actually just learned how to blow air out of my mouth and I really like the feeling of waiting until my dad sticks a big spoonful of green beans in my mouth and then blowing it all out back into his face. He then will say this strange "no" word over and over and then stick more beans in my mouth, which I promptly blow back at him. But back to mom, she is the best mom there is. She spends all day reading to me or taking me on walks. She teaches me how to play catch and even takes the time to change my nasty diapers. When I take my naps she usually tries to clean up the house and spend some good time reading. Anyway, that is a little update on the family, stay tuned for the huge party coming up to celebrate my one year birthday...

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Oh, Jonas, you have become so articulate since last I talked to you. Clever boy. Of course, your rapid changing and growing up makes me very sad, because you are getting so big! don't forget me! Or I will cry. Seriously

sarahbellac said...

Hi Chelsea and Shay,
We're you cousins who are now in Kansas City. Your family is SOOOO cute! Just thought we'd say hi and that we love reading your blog and getting a glimpse of your life. Hope all is well with you.
Hugs,
Sarah and Dave Petersen
(and Timo and Anna Bella)
www.mommabella.blogspot.com