Meredith commented on the hair, and I must confess, there were some notable changes about the do's in this film, some better than others. Edward: Mmmm. I was digging it. Rosalie: Goodness, much better. Jasper: Different. I don't know that I'd go so far as to say better. Maybe by a smidgen? Emmett: Uh, dumb. It was nerdy. What nickname can I give him that will personify his dorky hair? Mr. bowl-esque cut? Hmm, that's not very catchy, but it's the best I can come up with for now and fairly descriptive. However, he's muscular, and that can be somewhat helpful in overlooking stoopid hair.
Bella looked different, but I couldn't pinpoint why. Chubbier face? Eyebrows more plucked? Different hairstyle? Make-up? What? What?! Basically, I don't know. It's just something I thought whilst watching.
Overall, much better acting. I still had some guffaw moments (unintentional on the movie's part), but I spent a lot less time trying to think it was real this time round. I even leaned to Shay at one part and said, "Is it nerdy that I feel like crying?" Props to y'all actors for being a bit better at your jobs!
Me likeyed Riley. He was an attractive vamp, as vamps SHOULD be, but often aren't in these films. Bummer that he got eaten.
As Mer so eloquently put it, "Nu Victoria does not look the same as ye olde Victoria."
Fighting? Very cool! Seeing rock-like beheaded Victoria for like, 5 minutes? Uh, that was wyrd.
Speaking of dead Victoria, WOW, dead vamps sure are flammable. She was engulfed in flames in less than 3 seconds with only the aid of a tiny lighter. That's what I need to take to girl's camp next year to help us in our fire starting--dead vampire parts.
And finally, Team Edward's Face! Yes, it is true. Comparing faces alone, Edward beats Jacob in a landslide! And he even seemed a bit more suave and debonair in this movie. High fives all around for Robert Pattinson!
There you have it, folks. The best (only!) vampire movie I've seen all year!
2 comments:
I think I'll need to watch it again! I don't remember Edward's face being such a winner! And I like your idea for girls camp. Although, I'm not sure how easy it would be to get dead vampire parts, so that might negate the easiness of lighting them on fire.
When this comes out on video, we need to watch it. We can make fun commentary the whole time.
Post a Comment