Friday, May 29, 2009

The house has a dishwasher...and it's very own cemetery!

I forgot to mention Meredith's favorite detail about the house we just made the offer on.  In the driveway is a headstone.  Yes, you read correctly, an actual headstone, but hopefully not one with a body buried beneath it.  That would be absolutely horrifying.  Even if it's just in memory of or whatever, it still is wicked strange and a tad bit disturbing...but also kind of cool, I guess, in a really random way.  I mean, it's seriously is just inlaid in the driveway.  It even has one of those built in hole things for a flower vase.  The dude was born in 1896 and died in 1940--they didn't let people bury their relatives in the family driveway in the 40s, did they?  Anywho, sorry we don't have a picture of it, Mer.  Maybe next time Mom and Dad come down we'll have them bring their camera so you can see with your very own eyes the craziness.  

5 comments:

Cassidy said...

well I guess if you get the house, you won't have to worry about burial plots right?

Meredith said...

Thanks for adding that in. And I hope Mom and Dad come with the camera soon so I can see the darn thing.

Mom at Our House said...

you NEED a picture of that. Even if you don't buy the house in the end. Your kids are going to love that story.

You should call the Historical Society. They may be able to figure out why the headstone is there.

You could also go to the Library and check old newspapers around the time of his death.

Raffy Taffy said...

Have you ever seen Poltergeist? If you buy the house, don't be surprised if Jonas is staring at a staticky tv screen, communicating with others from the beyond.... The house in that movie was built on an indian burial site. Enjoy :-)

Summer & Rich said...

Tiff and I went by the house to see it and the headstone. It was pretty awesome. The house is really cute i like it a lot and I hope that you get it. The neighbors are very friendly too maybe too friendly?