
Hello there in blogland, we just have to show off some of the great pictures that we took during our wonderful fourth of July celebration. So the day started off with me (Shay) waking up really early (5:30) and getting ready to go see the hot air balloons. I proceeded to wake everyone else up and we made it to the park at around 6:15. As you can see, they let us right on the field next to the balloons and it is really neat to see them shooting flames everywhich way to get these things in the air. Chelsea and Meredith's personal favorite is the big pig balloon, as seen in the back of this picture. We also ran into Ronald McDonald and as you can see, got pretty chummy. He thinks that we are awesome.

Next we ate breakfast and then headed to university avenue to find some killer seats for the parade. We did, in fact, find those killer seats in front of a building that provided shade for about an hour and a half of the two and a half hour parade, so the heat was pretty bearable.

Cassidy, Brad and Brylie were with us and we had a blast watching the parade. My personal favorite is the motorcycle cops... they are so cool and they make lots of noise, which is always fun. During the parade there was this huge black dude that started crossing the road after a float went by and this guy from our side started yelling at him that no one was supposed to cross. The guy yelling ended up being Steve Young and the black dude was, we assume, his bodyguard. But, if that nice black man somehow ends up reading this and is offended at me calling him a bodyguard when he was actually something else, we apologize, we're just poor people who think its neat to see famous rich people.

After the very long parade we retired to the campus of BYU and ate the lunches that we prepared beforehand. It was really fun. Chelsea and I threw the football around for awhile and Meredith sat on the lawn and watched. We then went home and took a nice nap. After that we went to a barbeque at Tiffany's house where I got my meat fix for the month. I think six hamburgers and two brat's might have been overkill, but I consider myself a meat camel... it lasts for awhile. We then retired home again and ended the night lighting off the BIG DOG assortment of fireworks, which was awesome. It was a really awesome day and I hope yours was half as good as ours.
1 comment:
You forgot to mention that Chelsea and I ended our day (before the fireworks of course) with running through the sprinklers. Huzzah! Seriously though, it was a super fun day. I'm so glad I was with you guys instead of at my lameo job.
Post a Comment